Endodontics in Richmond Hill, ON
Infection or trauma to the dental pulp, the living part of your tooth, can lead to excruciating pain and, if not treated promptly, even tooth loss. Endodontics in Richmond Hill, ON, can relieve the pain and save your tooth by removing the infected tissue and sealing the cavity.
Our dentists at Mackenzie Smiles Dentistry utilize advanced techniques and equipment to ensure effective endodontic treatment.
Whether you are suffering from tooth decay, dental trauma, or infection, our dentists provide high-quality endodontics near you to restore the health and function of your tooth. We eliminate the infection while ensuring your comfort throughout the process.
What Happens During An Endodontic Treatment?
Our endodontic treatment aims to remove the infected or damaged dental pulp, clean and disinfect the root canals, and seal them to prevent reinfection.
Here is a step-by-step overview of the endodontics therapy process:
- Diagnosis and Examination: Our dentist will examine the affected tooth, review your dental history, and possibly take digital X-ray scans to assess the extent of the infection or damage.
- Anesthesia: We then administer local anesthesia to numb the area around the affected tooth. It helps prevent any pain or discomfort during the treatment.
- Access and Removal of Dental Pulp: Our endodontist reaches the dental pulp by drilling a small access hole through the crown. After establishing access to the pulp chamber, they use instruments to remove the infected or inflamed pulp from the root canals, relieving the pain.
- Cleaning and Shaping of Root Canals: In the next step, our dentist uses fine instruments called dental files to further clean and re-shape the root canals. Irrigation with antimicrobial solutions may be performed to disinfect the canals thoroughly.
- Filling and Sealing: After cleaning and shaping the root canals, we fill them with a biocompatible gutta-percha material. The rubber-like material seals the canals, preventing further infection or bacterial infiltration.
- Restoration: Depending on the extent of the tooth’s damage, a dental crown or other restoration may be necessary to protect and strengthen the tooth.
Please book an appointment at Mackenzie Smiles Dentistry to learn about our root canal surgery and other endodontic therapies.